Expanded Polystyrene (EPS)
Ausblox is NSW’s number one Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) block manufacturer!
Expanded Polystyrene is the most commonly used of all foam products due to its comparatively low cost, versatility and ease of use. AUSBLOX cuts and supplies all standards specified in Australian Standard 1366.3, and several other grades for speciality uses. We manufacture solutions from large form blocks for the construction industry to custom packaging solutions.
Expanded Polystyrene Features
- Closed-cell lightweight cellular plastics foam produced from polystyrene
- Material has been modified by the addition of flame retardant additives
- Produced to meet the requirements of the Australian Standard 1366 part 3
- Products not covered in the standard are made for special applications
- Gains exceptional insulating properties from the stabilised air trapped within its cellular structure
- Contains no CFCs or any other gas that can escape to harm the ozone layer or decrease its insulation properties
- Highly resistant to the adverse effects of moisture content
- Excellent floatation properties
- Low cost compared with other insulating foams
- Able to withstand the effects of temperature cycling thereby providing long term performance in low temperature applications
- Provides no nutritional value to vermin or pests, including termites
- Styrene can be painted with any non-solvent based paint
Popular EPS Applications
- Insulation of homes, commercial premises, vehicles, and pipes
- Widely used to clad (as a base for render) residential homes as it provides an insulated, energy-efficient home
- Packaging of products to minimise damage in shipment
- Cost-effective void formers in building and construction applications
- Construction of signs, letters and shapes for a variety of uses
- Film and stage sets
- Marine buoyancy devices
- Cushions, pillows and mattresses
- Surfboard blanks
- Refrigeration thermal insulation and boxes.
Local manufacturing, local delivery, better service.
Get in touch today